Thank you for taking the time to fill out the registration form. Each question is designed to help the young athlete find the program that is best suited to his or her needs. If you have any questions, feel free to add to the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Please fill out the registration form listed below. It will be processed in the order in which it was received. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. When complete, please email to Szshaver@gmail.com
Listed below is the insurance waiver for Shaver Fit. Please read it closely and feel free to contact me with any questions. A text version of the terms are listed below the downloadable PDF .2017_shaver-fit-waiver
RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR MINOR PARTICIPANTS
READ BEFORE SIGNING
IN CONSIDERATION OF ___________________________________, my child/ward, being allowed to Name Of Minor Child/Ward participate in any way in the Baseball related events and activities, Shaver Fit, LLC, acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that:
The risk of injury to my child from the activities involved in these programs is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
1. FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, AND CHILD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my child’s participation; and,
2. I willingly agree to comply with the program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child’s readiness for participation and/or in the program itself, I will remove my child from the participation and bring such attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
3. I myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS __Shaver Fit, LLC ; its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property incident to my child’s involvement or participation in these programs, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. I, for myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
- Time: 8 AM-2PM
- Ages: 9-12
- Where: Rankin Field, next to Pioneer Park
- Cost: $200
Note: Registration and payment is at 7:30AM Tuesday June 27 at Rankin field
What to bring: Bottle of water, lunch and snacks, sun block (optional), hat, glove, cleats or shoes, a bat if you have one and don’t forget to wear a cup.
Additional Info: Steve Shaver (907) 799-9082
For more info, visit: www.shaverfitness.com
2015: MIDNIGHT SUN GAME LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD
2013: STEVE AND RYAN PREPARE SCOOTER BYNUM TO FACE COLLEGE PITCHING WITH ALASKA GOLDPANNERS / WINS ABL
2004: RYAN SHAVER WITH THE ALASKA GOLDPANNERS
1999: STEVE SHAVER & FAIRBANKS ALL-STARS AT STATE
DOB: 02/23/1983 in Fairbanks, AK Height: 6’2 Weight: 210 lbs
Bats: Left Throws: Right Position: Center Field/Pitcher
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Personal Trainer Certified
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified—American Red Cross
- Bachelors of Arts in Kinesiology/PE—The Masters University (Santa Clarita, CA)
- Associate of Arts—Yuba Community College (Marysville, CA)
- High School Diploma—Lathrop High School (Fairbanks, AK)
Current Team: FAABL Brewers
Favorite Player(s): Curtis Granderson and Andre Ethier
Favorite Team(s): Los Angeles Dodgers and Seattle Mariners
Favorite Exercise(s): Pushups, chin-ups, riding my bicycle
Favorite Food: Fatty T-bone steak medium rare, eggs, sautéed veggies and spices.
Stephen Shaver was born and raised in Fairbanks, Alaska. He grew up playing multiple sports, but his two favorite was baseball and basketball, with baseball being the most favorite. While at Lathrop during his freshman year of high school, Steve started lifting weights and quickly became passionate about health and fitness. Over the years Steve has experimented with different diets, workouts and supplements that would improve his lifestyle and sport he is in. In baseball the movements are different than in basketball. The workouts for each sport need to be tailored around the muscles and movements that are involved. Steve applies the same principles to health and fitness as he does to baseball (keep it simple), while being creative at the same time. Steve’s goals are to run a successful business by helping people achieve their fitness, health and sports goals and improve the baseball skills of the youth within the community.
In baseball Steve started out in tee ball at the age of 5 and as the years went on he moved up through the ranks from the pitching machine to the farm league and then to little league at the age of 10. Steve’s parents (Carolyn and Steve) were very supportive and always made sure that baseball was about having fun. After all, his mom was the president of the league and his dad was his coach. There was even one year where Steve, his bro (Ryan) and his sis (Ciera) were all on the same team. Steve quickly fell in love with the game and by 12 he already knew he wanted to pursue baseball as a career. Steve went on to play senior little league, in which he won a state championship at the age of 15 when Johnny Jones was his coach. From there he played at Lathrop high school and also Legion.
Since Alaska is behind the lower 48 when it comes to baseball, it took Steve a couple years to adjust to college pitching. At the age of 21, Steve pursued baseball very passionately and worked his butt off. He walked on to Yuba College as a 21 year old freshman and made quite the impression. He was named team captain both years there and during his sophomore year he hit over .400 under the guidance of Ex-Goldpanner player and coach Tim Gloyd. Steve earned himself the prestigious scholarship for athletes at Yuba at the time, Gary Engleken scholarship award. Steve had numerous scholarship offers to play at different schools throughout the country. He wanted to play in what he believes is the baseball capitol, Southern California. He accepted a scholarship to play at The Masters College (now known as The Masters University) in Santa Clarita, Ca. Steve played in the Alaska Baseball League for Athletes in Action (AIA) of Fairbanks during the summer after his final year at Yuba. He then went to Masters and played 2 more years there. He was named team captain his senior year and even though they started the season ranked in the top 10 in the country, they fell short at the end of the season. Steve graduated the following year and moved back to Fairbanks in 2009. He has been playing mens league baseball for the Brewers (2011 state champions as the Cubs) with his best friend Ricky Campbell as the coach. He was involved with the Goldpanners and played for them on and off from 2009-2015 while under the management of the Dennis family. Steve has worked numerous jobs over the years but none have satisfied him as much as helping people achieve their fitness and health goals and impacting college, high school and youth baseball players to become better at their sport.